If you’re a beginner sewer, you may be looking for some machine features to help you out. If you’re an experienced sewer, these features might make your life easier. This guide will tell you about some of the best spotlight sewing machine features to make your life easier.
- A computerized sewing machine has an LCD screen and touchscreen controls. It will also have a USB port and SD card slot, which can be used to download designs and patterns from the internet.
- The USB port also allows you to connect your computer directly to the sewing machine to transfer files from one device to another.
- The remote control is handy for moving forward or backward through the sewing pattern without having to stop sewing whenever you want to change something in your design.
Two-Step Presser Foot Lifter
- The presser foot lifter is a lever that raises the presser foot to allow you to change the needle, remove the fabric from the feed dogs, and lower the presser foot back down.
- This feature is especially useful when sewing in layers of fabric or working with multiple layers at once.
- It allows for easier changes in direction and eliminates any risk of shifting your seam allowance while removing stitches before continuing with your project.
- A nine-pin bobbin is a type of bobbin with nine holes.
- The purpose of the extra hole is to accommodate a shuttle hook, which is essentially just an extension on your sewing machine that takes up more space and allows you to sew thicker fabrics like denim.
- The advantage of this type of bobbin over others is that it makes sewing with denim much easier.
- The extra hole in the bobbin allows you to put the shuttle hook on it and use it to sew with denim.
- It prevents any issues with the fabric shifting around while you’re sewing and ensures that your stitches are secure.
Twin Needle Capability
- It is the ability to sew with two needles at a time, enabling you to sew with two different threads simultaneously and take advantage of each thread’s unique qualities.
- For example, one thread might be polyester, and one may be cotton, so they can be used together for a specific project that requires both materials.
- It allows you to create a double-stitched, decorative and functional look.
- It also allows you to sew two colors of thread simultaneously, which can be used for decorative purposes or to make your projects more interesting.
Automatic tension balance
- Automatic tension balance is a feature that helps you sew a straight stitch.
- It is important because some fabrics can be more difficult to sew with than others, and the tension needs to be adjusted accordingly.
- The automatic tension balance ensures that your stitches are consistent, even, and balanced for all fabric and thread types.
- This feature will help you achieve a professional finish on your projects by ensuring that all your seams are straight!
Lightweight machines for travel
- If you are a frequent traveler, packing your sewing machine can be challenging.
- Traditional sewing machines are too heavy and bulky to fit in a suitcase or backpack.
- However, lightweight machines for travel come with the same features as traditional sewing machines but take up less room.
- Some even come with wheels so you can roll them from one place to another and store them more easily when not in use.
- Thread cutters are a common feature on many spotlight sewing machines, but the location and operation of this tool can vary.
- It allows you to quickly snip the thread after stitching, which means you can keep sewing without stopping and picking up your scissors.
Stitch width adjustment
- Stitch width adjustment is a feature that allows you to select the width of your stitches.
- You can choose between narrow, medium, and wide stitches, depending on the project you’re working on and what kind of stitch quality you want.
The spotlight sewing machine is one of the most important tools in a sewer’s arsenal. It can make or break your project, so it’s worth investing in one that fits your needs and preferences. The Above mentioned features will help you to make your sewing experience more pleasant, and you will be able to sew for hours without getting tired.