Floor skirting is a decorative panel that is typically mounted to the lower part of walls to conceal the space between the floor and the walls. It is often used to hide plumbing and electrical wiring, as well as to add a decorative touch to a room. Floor skirting comes in a variety of materials, including wood, metal, plastic, and vinyl.
Floor skirting is a type of trim or molding used to cover the space between the floor and the wall. It is usually made from wood, plastic, or metal and comes in a variety of designs and colors. Floor skirting hides the gap between the floor and the wall and helps to provide a finished look to a room. It also helps to prevent dust, dirt, and other debris from accumulating in the gap.
Types of Floor Skirting
- Wood Skirting: Wood skirting provides a natural and classic look to any space. It can be stained or painted to match the decor of the room and is available in a variety of styles and sizes.
- Vinyl Skirting: Vinyl skirting is a great option for bathrooms and kitchens. It is waterproof and easy to clean and is available in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Metal Skirting: Metal skirting is durable and available in a variety of finishes. It can provide a modern look to any room and is easy to install.
- Plastic Skirting: Plastic skirting is the most affordable option and is available in a variety of colors. It is easy to install and is perfect for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Beadboard Skirting: Beadboard skirting is a timeless choice that adds a touch of classic style to any room. It is available in a variety of colors and is easy to install.
Different Styles and Designs of Floor Skirting
- Lattice Skirting: Lattice skirting combines a modern, geometric look with a classic style that fits any home. It is perfect for hiding away any unsightly areas underneath furniture or in tight corners and can be made in any type of material to match your décor.
- Molding Skirting: Molding skirting is a classic choice, and can be made out of wood, metal, or even plastic. It is great for hiding any wires or pipes that may be running along the walls or floor, and can also help to create a more finished look.
- Panel Skirting: Panel skirting is a great option for larger rooms or open floor plans. It is made up of several panels that can be laid out to create a beautiful design and can be made out of any type of material.
- Carpet Skirting: Carpet skirting is perfect for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere in any room. It is often used in bedrooms, living rooms, and other areas where comfort is key.
- Ceramic Skirting: Ceramic skirting is an exquisite option for those who want to add a touch of luxury to their home. It is often used in bathrooms and kitchens and can be made in any type of design.