The styles of hand-tufted carpet range from traditional to cutting-edge. These carpets, which are made with a special technology that makes the production process easier, give you more ways to change the look of your interior than hand-woven or knotted rugs, which cost a lot more.
As new trends emerge and depart, the interior design industry undergoes rapid change. It’s hard to keep up with all those new things, especially when you consider how long it takes to make a single rug by hand. Rugs with tufts manage to keep up. What is their covert plan? The designer must first draw the pattern on the canvas base, which is stretched on a frame, before making a hand-tufted rug. After that, a tufting gun is used to shoot yarn through the fabric. When that is done, latex glue is used to hold the yarn loops in place at the back, cut, and front, creating a soft pile. After that, equal height is achieved by cutting and shaving the yarn. Special angled scissors are used to manually cut the surfaces of rugs with different height volumes. Using this method, skilled craftsmen can create piles of varying heights and densities as well as curved patterns.
A hand-tufted rug can be made in a day, whereas hand-knotting a carpet can take several months.
Benefits of Hand-Tufted Area Rugs
There are a variety of advantages to hand-tufted rugs. You might be surprised to learn that tufted rugs account for more than 60% of all pile-type rugs.
Let’s talk about some additional advantages of these area rugs.) The fact that the majority of hand-tufted rugs are made of wool, the finest fiber for rugs, is interesting. However, you can find tufted carpets made of acrylic, viscose, polyester, bamboo silk, and jute.
- Production is quick: Whether the rug is small or extra-large, production is quicker. When wool is not dyed, the average 8’x10′ rug can take 5-10 days to complete.
- Cheap: While hand-knotted area rugs cost a lot, tufted rugs can look like knotted carpets for very little money.
- Durable: Although hand-tufted area rugs aren’t as long-lasting as hand-knotted rugs, they do last a long time.
- Size and shape: Hand-tufted carpets are also available in very small and very large sizes. Additionally, these rugs are available in a variety of shapes, including birds, animals, and square triangles. Contact Faisal International if you want a hand-tufted rug made just for you.
- Colors: The fact that tufted carpet comes in a wide variety of colors is yet another significant advantage. Match your flooring to the curtains or walls. You can pick the color that will make your room look better.
- Carries a variety of designs: In addition to colors and shapes, they come in a variety of patterns and designs. The fact that the carpet could also be a copy of the hand-knotted rug will surprise you. Hand-tufted carpets can have designs that are contemporary, traditional, or modern.
- Pads are not necessary: Because the latex at the back of the rug behaves like rubber and serves as a pad for the rug. Because the rubber prevents the rug from slipping, a rug pad is not required.